Skip to the content
- Kid Stuff. With two young boys, I’ve found a lot of fun stuff for us. Here’s a collection of general parenting, science & math, media, and toys that I like.
- Favorite Words. I love words. I wrote about how looking at various different words, I can see the contours of our common human experience. It’s amazing to find a word in Japanese or Russian that totally describes something that I’ve always been looking for. There’s something magical when you finally have a name for it! Here are some of my favorite foreign words, British/Irish Words, old words, words with an “s” sound, high falulin words, weird names of real people, the Allusionist Podcast, and some other words.
- Learning from the Best in the World. Every library needs to have a speaker series—people who have something incredible to share that only they know. In my library, I have technical talks from Gary Kasparov on human-computer chess and advice on how to use Google from Google’s top teacher. There’s also some good personal advice as well.
- Technical Ideas. Some more technical posts on product management, design, technology, and science & math
- Cool Tools. Kevin Kelly coined the term Cool Tools broadly to mean anything that can be useful. This includes hand tools, machines, books, software, gadgets, websites, maps, and even ideas. Here is my list of technology and non-technology tools and hacks that can make your life better.
- Quotes. These are the things that you hear other people mention as you pass. Or things that they’re talking about other people or celebrities saying. Tiny… little… bits.