Skip to the content
- My Published Writing. Back before blogging and self-publishing, we used to have these things called magazines. They were very pretty but much heavier to carry than bits. Some of my favorite articles are when I visited Star Wars, and met the world’s most interesting calculus professor, who played an amazing prank on his students.
- My Speeches. In 2020 I joined Toastmasters. Here’s the text of some of the speeches I’ve made.
- Books (Including Some of My Favorite Passages). Every good library needs to have some books. Here are some of my favorites including some of the most excellent passages including the book that helped me understand Art, when Cary Grant was a doorman at the Magic Castle, and Anthony Bourdain on the perfect meal.
- Articles. The best magazine articles can teach you something profound in just a few pages, like how incandescent light bulbs don’t need to blow out or how a design flaw in the Citigroup building almost let the tower come tumbling down. I find articles to be wonderful little gems because they’re like intellectual candy: short, sweet, and packing a punch.
- Other Media. Here’s a list of videos, podcasts, and other media.